What you need to know about your Roof replacement project
Roof Replacement in South Florida
A new roof is an important decision. The following guide will help you understand the basic components of every roof remodel in South Floria, as well as some of the roofing options that are available to you:
- Covering: The outermost layer of covering that protects the rest of the roofing system from the weather is typically made up of either shingles, tile or metal and underlayment.
- Sheathing: Resting underneath the covering, the sheathing covers the house using boards or sheet material that is fastened to the roof’s rafters.
- Roof structure: The rafters and trusses that support the sheathing and the rest of your roof comprise the roof structure.
- Flashing: Every roof needs to have a way to eliminate water seepage into your home, and the sheet metal that is installed at the valleys serves as the flashing needed to make sure your roofing system stays dry.
- Drainage: For any roofing system to be effective, there has to be some type of drainage system in place. Either the shape, slope or layout of your roof must allow for the system to shed water.
The best roof covering option for your roof will be one that is durable, matches your personal style and comfortably fits within your budget:
- Shingles: The most common types of shingles are organic and fiberglass, with both containing layers of asphalt and granules that help to protect against algae buildup. Shingles can also be made of wood, although this type of shingling doesn’t retain the same amount of fire resistance unless the shingles have gone through a special treatment at the factory.
- Tile: Tile covering is used to accomplish the Mission and Spanish-style round-topped roofs that are commonly found in Florida and the Southwest region of the U.S. The one thing to keep in mind about tile covering is that it is heavy, and you will need to make sure that the roof structure that is in place can support the load before installation.
- Slate: Although this type of roof covering requires special skill for installation, slate is one of the longest lasting options available on the market. It can be purchased in many different colors and grades, and is typically found in the Northeastern area of the United States.
- Metal: Available in both panels and shingles, metal covering is both a weather- and flame-resistant choice. There are multiple shapes and configurations that can be selected, making them a popular choice for many residential and commercial applications.
Roof Replacement Process
Whether your roof has worn out with time or needs immediate replacement due to severe weather conditions, we have a team of professionals to install all types of roofs on residential properties throughout South Florida. Our roofing replacement process guarantees customers are satisfied from start to finish:
Free Evaluation – Our team will provide a free roof evaluation before determining the best solution for your home. We’ll propose roof replacement options based on your needs and budget, including high-quality materials of your choice, colors, and style.
Free Evaluation – We will then provide you with a roof replacement estimate. Once you are ready to begin, we order the materials necessary for your roof and deliver them to your home shortly before the installation.
Roof Installation – We will give you an estimate of how long your roof replacement will take well before the installation starts. We will then proceed with removing your old roof shingles and materials and installing the base-coat to help protect your roof from weather conditions. Once complete, our roofing experts will install the shingles or tiles properly and efficiently.
Cleanup & Follow Up – Our team will always leave your property clean and and provides the best quality workmanship. We’ll ask you to review our work to ensure you are completely satisfied.